Happy Mother’s Day to all you moms out there.
I have been a mom for 14 years. My daughter was born on May 7, 1998, which was a Thursday, by emergency cesarean section, and as is customary, I got to stay in the hospital for 3 days before they sent me home. I went home with my brand new baby girl on Sunday, May 10th …Mother’s day. That morning, while I was still in the hospital every doctor, nurse and hospital attendant said, “Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Mother’s day” which I thought was so cute. I went ahead and let them all be “the first” to wish me that. 🙂
There are some things that the PLRWM LOVES about being a mom and I thought it might be fun to list a few of them:
- I love(d) styling my daughters hair (past tense because she pretty much takes care of it on her own now)
- I love watching kids try to dress themselves (plaid and polka dots) and teaching them to coordinate
- I love baby’s first hysterical laughter
- I love singing silly songs in the car – “Found a peanut, found a peanut, found a peeeeeaaaanut just now!”
- I love being able to “make it better” with a kiss
- I love kids falling asleep on me
- I love finding army men in random hiding places
- I love overhearing siblings scheming in “secret”
- I love picking up the kids and hearing, “MOM! Guess What?!”
- I love making my kids move over ‘cuz “mom always sits next dad”
- I love teaching that the marks for effort are just as important as (maybe even more than) the actual grade
Of course, this just a tiny sampling….what do you love about being a mom?